Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lows & Highs

Ooo-wee! The last 24 hours have made for some interesting interweb-ery. What with all of the talk of sweeping healthcare reform, you'd think everyone forgot they had literally billions tens of dollars riding on NCAA gambling.  Its not so much the foolish hysterics (anywhere from "The day America died", to "Finally, equality and justice for all Americans (wait, what??).  Honestly, I'm rubbed a little raw with all the verbal sparring, and the topic is a blog post for another day.  I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing yet, but I suspect I fall somewheres about in the middle.  Sadly, today I am equal parts mildly embarrassed to call myself an American and a Christian.  That's the low.


Anyhow, I am somewhat more than mildly embarrassed to call myself big-bonededed obese.  Really, I'd love to quibble about the technical definition of obesity, as I've managed to find a wide range of descriptions which I assume are intended to fit a wide range of audiences.


I'm "thick", so you MUST be talking about somebody else.


My motto for the moment is "What's true?", which is an attempt to only deal with the heart of matters, and no longer respond based on emotions or illusions presented by myself or others.


Truth is, you fat bruh...


Yeah, so I'm chubby.  But, I'm on a mission as of a couple months ago.  I've been exercising like mad on a regular basis.  The intent is not so much to lose weight, but to feel better, seeing as I was getting tired or being.... well, tired.


You?  Exercise?  Please, you won't even "run" water .


The phenomenon of having a tired body but actually feeling good, is a brand-new experience for me, and I'm thinking it might be a pretty cool thing.  Time to  work into a sound body to match this oh-so-beautiful mind.  True high indeed.


Nice job "figuring out" exercise is good for you before anyone else stumbles upon that high-level wisdom.  Way to be cutting edge.  Hi-five...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where did you find that picture? unreal.