Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yeah... Again.

It seems like it's been a year or so since I've bothered to toss a few words up here, and I'm probably right. In that time, we had a baby, I got a job, we bought a house, moved, enjoyed a pleasantly cool summer, irritated our neighbors, I lost the job, and now we are beginning to dread an early winter.

Congratulations to us.

This is the third time I'm attempting to resurrect my public writing skills since last summer. If I'm honest with myself, writing this time around has more to do with the sad reality that I've run out of things to occupy my time at 1:45 AM. Seriously folks, I just watched a half hour TV show on how to brew a perfect cup of coffee. While I live a good brew as much as the next java fiend, this is just embarrassing. No more embarrassing, mind you, than checking my email for the 30 billionth time this hour, insulting people on Facebook, and scrolling through pages of Craigslist ads for used crap. I'm nothing if not efficient when it comes to being unproductive.

I have no great wisdom to share here - sorry to disappoint the masses. Life is doing it's best to teach me some humility, and I may actually be catching on. Life is also completely full of frustration lately, yet I'm learning by way of some wise people that it's a complete waste of time and energy to complain. Oh no, I'm not going to stop doing it, I just understand why I should.

Always sticking to what I'm good at.

Here's the deal: My brain seems unable to rest until it can come to terms with the day and arrive at some sort achievement that renders my daily existence as worthwhile. Who cares about making sense?? It would appear that some aspects of life just aren't going to make sense for a while, an I just can't survive on 3 hours of sleep per night.

aaaaannnd achievement. Zzzzzzzzz....

No comments: